Wednesday, June 17, 2009

THE LOVE DARE by Stephen Kendrick & Alex Kendrick


THE LOVE DARE

I have always been a fan of inspirational or motivational books and I’m glad to have discovered THE LOVE DARE. This is just the book I have been searching for. No need to plough through chapters and chapters of theory and case studies. This book comprises of 40 Love Dares, as a challenge to take up on one dare for 40 days, and beyond. Each love dare is plainly presented without any long-winded case studies and I found myself agreeing to almost every single issue pointed out by the author, even when it is heavily tied with the biblical world (although I have no particular preference towards it).

Here are a few snippets of what I felt truly spoke to me. To understand the beauty of the book and appreciate Love, take THE LOVE DARE, gain new insights and elevate your love life to heights you have never experienced before!

“This (THE LOVE DARE) is a journey of exploring and demonstrating genuine love, even when your desire is dry and your motives are low. The truth is, love is a decision and not just a feeling.”

“Do you wait to be asked, or do you take the initiative to help? Do not wait for your spouse to be kind first.”

“You cannot point out the many ways your spouse is selfish without admitting that you can be selfish too… Why do we have such low standards for ourselves but high expectations for our mate?”

“Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3)

“Marriage is not a contract with escape clauses and exception wordings. Marriage is a covenant intended to cut off all avenues of retreat or withdrawal.”

“Start pouring into your marriage and investing where your heart is supposed to be. Spend time with your spouse. Buy gifts. Write letters. Go on dates. The more you invest, the more your heart will value your relationship.”

No comments: